We are often asked by our patients here in Dublin about physiotherapy and how can they speed up their recovery? Well here are a few tips for getting the most out of physiotherapy….
- The first tip we at Kiltipper Woods Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy clinic Dublin would give is to Approach physiotherapy with an open mind.
- It is important to understand how and why we feel pain. This will especially help you in the future.
- Research the injury or condition and see what works best.
- When given exercise’s, Perform them as instructed by a member of our team, also take your time when performing the exercise.
- Progress as your body allows and ask us when you can push through pain and when you should take things more gently. We are always here to help and give advice.
- Taking note of what increases and eases pain. Physiotherapy is wide ranging and can be individualised
- Allow time, some patients may recover quicker than others also.
- Take an overview on your lifestyle and consider all factors ie stress, job, , sleep. These elements can cause pain and delay healing.
- As a general rule with physiotherapy you should be able to see improvement in your symptoms within 3-4 sessions(if completed the exercises as prescribed).
Kiltipper Woods Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy Clinic serving the people of Dublin since 2010