Benefits of Hydrotherapy
- Patients can start rehabilitation earlier and recover faster
- Greatly reduces pain
- Decreases joint stress
- Increases strength and range of movement
- Improves balance and coordination
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Increases the patient’s feeling of achievement even in the acute stages of rehabilitation
Conditions that Benefit from Hydrotherapy
- Repetitive motion injury
- Sports Injuries/Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Back pain and shoulder pain
- Hip, knee, or ankle pain
- Brain or spinal cord injuries
- Bariatric care
- Prolonged inactivity/immobility
- Fibromyalgia and other rheumatoid conditions
- Neurological disorders, including stroke, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease
What to Expect with Hydrotherapy
- For your safety and comfort, sessions are conducted in a warm therapeutic pool with a temperature of 34°C.
- Direct assistance from a qualified physio during your treatment.
- Each treatment programme is individually tailored to suit your specific needs.
- Treatment is provided on a one-to-one basis for 40 minutes.
- Hydrotherapy can be used independently or to complement traditional land-based physiotherapy.
- You may use a personal flotation device.
- You do not have to be able to swim to benefit from this hydrotherapy treatment.