Most people do not stretch before or after an exercise or workout and then come to us needing physiotherapy because they are injured. Here are some exercising stretching tips that will decrease the chances of you needing physiotherapy with us here in Dublin 24.
- You should gently warm up your muscles before stretching. This can be a short walk or other gentle movements.
- Start slow and stretch gently, never stretch to the point where it hurts, slowly increase your stretch as your muscles relax, and try not to bounce while stretching
- Breath slowly and take deep breaths while stretching while making sure your posture is correct
- Try to hold your stretch for roughly 15-30 seconds.
- Why not try our Pilates classes, we can show you personally how it is done while also getting you toned and in shape.
We hope these tips will help you and do not hesitate to call us for more information on your physiotherapy needs. KW Physio Dublin, Serving the people of since 2010.